News about COVID-19, how to prepare and how to take care of ourselves and our families, changes every day. With every new piece of information, more worry seems to mount. That’s natural.
We know how stressful this time can be. To do what we can to lower the stress and to be socially responsible to our Explore What’s next community, to our families and to ourselves we’ve made a few decisions:
Explore What’s Next Responds to COVID-19 with Care
1. Yoga classes at The Studio are suspended starting immediately. That includes. Gentle Flow Yoga with Monica, Accessible Yoga with Julie, and Slow Flow Yoga with Kim.
2. Our Speakers’ Series talk ‘Self-Care for Busy Women” with Dr. Melinda Scime, scheduled for March 22 at 11:30 AM, is postponed. We have a great line up of professionals and experts waiting to share what they know but for now, we will hold off on scheduling their talks until we are assured of the health and well-being of all.
3. For our therapy clients. Your care is our priority. We are taking precautions to ensure your well-being.
- For that reason, we are all strongly encouraging you to discuss using telehealth sessions with your EWN therapist. Using video-sessions has been proven to be very effective. We use the Zoom platform which is HIPAA compliant, assuring the best grade of confidentiality available.
- As of this date, for therapists who choose to, office visits continue. We are limiting the number of people that accompany any client to one. Group therapy has been discontinued. Scheduled appointment times are staggered to help with social distancing. We’ve switched to disposable paper products for our coffee bar. Hand soap is available and accessible at all sinks. Overall office cleaning is once a week with frequent daily wipe downs of hard surfaces with antiseptic liquid.
If you do not feel well, stay home!
We at Explore What’s Next promise to do the same.
We take care of each other. That’s what makes a community. And our community is strong.
Elvira G. Aletta, PhD, Founder & CEO
Life gave Dr. Aletta the opportunity to know what it’s like to hurt physically and emotionally. After an episode of serious depression in her mid-twenties, Dr. Aletta was diagnosed with a rare kidney disease that relapsed throughout her adulthood. While treatable, the cure was often as hard to bear as the disease. Later she was diagnosed with scleroderma, another chronic illness.
Throughout, Dr. Aletta battled with anxiety. Despite all this, Dr. Aletta wants you to know, you can learn to engage in life again on your terms.
Today Dr. Aletta enjoys mentoring the EWN therapists, focusing on coaching and psychotherapy clients, writing and speaking. She is proud and confident that Explore What’s Next can provide you with therapists who will help you regain a sense of safety, control and joy.
716.634.2600 | email@example.com