Throughout the United States and around the world, people are connecting with Explore What’s Next for therapy sessions through Skype and telephone.
No longer are you limited by geography from getting the help you need!
With the use of a web video camera we can see and hear each other in real time no matter where you are on the globe.
You may benefit from Skype or telephone counseling if you:
1) Live in a remote place where counseling services are not available.
2) Are living overseas for school or for business.
3) Live in a small community where everyone knows you, making privacy and confidentiality a challenge.
4) Your work or lifestyle requires you to travel a lot making a commitment to therapy
5) Finding a local therapist with the qualifications you require is tough.
As long as you have a computer and an Internet connection you can download the Skype program and start using it right away. Download Skype
The following tips may be useful to make your sessions more effective:
- Before the session find a private space free of distractions and potential interruptions.
- I ask that you call me. That way I know that you are ready for the session.
- Give yourself 5-10 minutes or so before to prepare and after the sessions to transition into your regular day.
- It’s not necessary but for best sound quality a head set with microphone is better than using built-in microphone and speakers. We might look a little funny but you get used to it.
- Have some paper, pens or pencils handy in case you wish to take notes or write down ‘homework’ I may ask you to do.
- If you have phones, alarms or a radio please turn them off or put them in silent mode before the session.
Skype sessions are more like office visits than you think. Just like face-to-face visits ,we schedule our Skype sessions for 50-60 minutes. For your comfort, we do our best to create a safe space in which we can talk without distraction. Your privacy is assured.
Email us at email@example.com to schedule your first 30 minute consultation at no charge!